Quality Control 1:New Associate Editors, New Members in the Editorial Boards and New Guest Editors in Special Issues are welcome; provided that the Advisory Board of NAUN will evaluate their Biographies and their recent publications in Scopus, EI Compendex, SCIE, ESCI, IET etc.
Quality Control 2:New Reviewers are welcome provided that the Advisory Board of NAUN will evaluate their recent publications in Scopus, EI Compendex, SCIE, ESCI, IET etc.
Quality Control 3:NAUN can sponsor financially or technically some conferences provided that:
- a) The Conference Organizers/Chairmen are Professors in reputable Universities.
- b) The Conference Organizers/Chairmen have important academic profile with recent publications in Scopus, EI Compendex, SCIE, ESCI, IET etc., have a significant participation in research projects and have supervised at least 1 Ph.D. Dissertation.
- c) The Conference Organizers/Chairmen will provide to NAUN the list of their reviewers (Names, Academic Affiliation, Academic Web Address, Phone, Academic Email).
- d) The Conference Organizers/Chairmen will provide to NAUN the reviewers' comments of 20 papers randomly selected by NAUN. (The papers will be selected from the conference program).
- e) The Conference Deadlines do not generate concerns for the conference peer review.
Quality Control 4:Prior to the commencement of the Peer Review that organized by the Editor-in-Chief or the Associate Editors, NAUN will perform a pre-screening quality control / review evaluating the following:
- a) Plagiarism and Self-Plagiarism avoidance control via Turnitin and iThenticate.
- b) The English Language of the paper.
- c) Affiliation of the prospective authors (i.e. Do they belong to a University or to a real company or to a real institute? Can their university be identified? Can their Academic URL be identified on the web? Do they use academic/professional email addresses? Have they provided a phone number when they submitted their paper? Is the IP address, from where they submitted their paper, the same with their country?).
- d) The References. When evaluating, attention should be paid to several points among them: The adequacy, relevance, quality of the references, coverage and how old the reference is. (i.e. Are the references adequate? Does the paper include references from the last 5 years? Can the references be traced easily via google?, Does the references mention the year of the publication?).
- e) Are there indications that some prospective authors have not substantially contributed in the research? i.e An author from a surgery clinic in a Hospital that has contributed in a Civil Engineering paper.
Roughly, 20% of the papers are usually rejected in this pre-screening quality control / review checking. This acts as a first filtering which saves valuable time from the Reviewers and the Editors-in-Chief.
Quality Control 5:NAUN uses a compulsory certification for all authors and for all papers in order to certify and authenticate that each accepted paper is backed by a minimum of 3 reviewers' positive recommendations.
Download the "Certification - Evaluation of the Review Process"
In case where an author feels that has not received at least 3 positive opinions from 3 independent reviewers with strong peer review, should not sign this form. The "Certification - Evaluation of the Review Process" is available underneath the publication of each paper.